2015 New England Basketball Hall of Fame Ceremony
A wonderful reunion of family and friends through basketball
- Date of ceremony: August 8, 2015
- Venue: DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Plus! Special activities on August 7 at the St. Mary’s High Gymnasium
August 7 Schedule
(Please note August 7th Activities are Optional. All Honorees must be present on August 8th.)
We are planning a wonderful series of activities on the evening of August 7 at the St. Mary’s High School Gymnasium in Worcester. Activities include a special reception for honorees in the St. Mary’s Auditorium, as well as the first Annual New England Basketball Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Game, featuring high school players from Boston and Worcester. At half-time of the boy’s game, the 1964 St. Mary’s High New England Championship Team will be recognized, as will the All Time St. Mary’s Legendary Opponents Team, outstanding players who competed against St. Mary’s in this iconic gymnasium. Dee Rowe and Alyssa Medeiros will be presented with special awards.
August 8 Schedule
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Panel Discussions featuring basketball luminaries such as Hall of Famers Dave Cowens and David Thompson, and Jim and Maura Sweeney who were recently featured on ESPN’s 30 for 30 regarding their experience with the Boston College scandal of 1978-1979. Jim and Maura have a compelling story to share Red Sox legend Bill Lee will be on hand to serve as panelist, help with the announcement for the expansion of the New England Basketball Hall of Fame, and “conduct” the opening song of “The Show” – Take Me Out to the Ball Game.
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: During this time, honorees are asked to visit the VIP room to pick up their award and for photo ops.
- 4:15 pm – 5:00 pm: “The Show” is a 45-minute “production” that will feature professional ballet dancers dancing to 11 themed songs. The major feature of the show will be a heart-warming pictorial of honorees, their family members, teammates and friends. More information on “The Show” to follow, including the timing to get your photos sent in. “The Show” will be very special!
- 5:30 pm – 7:45 pm: Dinner and Induction Ceremony
All honorees are recognized at the dinner. Over the course of the dinner, we will have yet another pictorial show featuring photos of honorees, family members, teammates and friends.
We take great pride in making sure that the dinner is not too long! This is why we have activities on August 7th and the afternoon panel discussions on August 8th in lieu of speeches at the dinner.
Additional Photo Ops
There will be a number of basketball celebrities present. We make it a practice to ask our basketball celebrities to agree to take photo ops. In the past, our celebrities have been great about doing this.
Celebration of Women’s Basketball: A Book Project!
Our founder, Dan Doyle, will announce a very special project on August 8th. The project will involve the New England Basketball Hall of Fame administering a “Write the History of Women’s Basketball in New England” book project. We will invite submissions over the course of autumn, 2015, with the winner being selected on December 1. The winner will receive a $500 stipend and have 18 months to finish the manuscript. The New England Basketball Hall of Fame will provide the winner with additional assistance, as several NEBHOF associates are published authors. The goal is for the book to be finished by our next ceremony.
Purchase Tables and Individual Tickets
The event will definitely be a sell-out. To purchase tables of 10 and tickets by credit card visit: https://nebhof.ticketsocket.com. To purchase tables or individual seats by check, please make your check payable to: New England Basketball Hall of Fame and mail to: P. O. Box 952, Glastonbury, Connecticut 06033.
Ticket Price Structure
- Through August 1 the cost of a table is $1300; individual tickets is $135
- August 2 until sell-out: the cost of a table goes up to $1500
- August 2 until sell-out: the cost of individual tickets goes up to $155
Information for inductees: Those being inducted into the New England Basketball Hall of Fame sit together during the dinner and ceremony. Inductees to not need to purchase a ticket. All others need to purchase a ticket to attend.
Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions at NEBHOF@gmail.com.